Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happiness is...

I am on my annual mother-daughter Hawaii retreat where I am reminded about beauty.

When you are in a tropical place, you see everyone's body as we walk around in what would otherwise be considered, lingerie, in most places during March! From those with a "perfect," body, to those who have not starved themselves, there is little room to hide in swimwear.

I saw a woman yesterday who would be "magazine worthy," and would seem to have it all from gorgeous brands to a great body and fabulous hair. However, her straight faced, inability to acknowledge anyone around her, seemed to make her beauty disappear.

Contrast this to another woman who I greeted this morning on my walk who had a smile as bright as the sun, and a comfort in her own skin that defied any style or brand enhancements. She made me happy to watch and acknowledged my existence by commenting on the beauty of our surroundings after I wished her a good morning as we walked by. Who would you rather hang out with?

As we approach International Women's Day this week, it is perhaps perfect timing to remember that our smile and happiness is our best asset. You can work out every day and outlay as much cash as the world has on fine fabrics and accessories, however, being happy with your day and acknowledging others around you is a priceless asset that will always create more beauty than anything else.

Here's to happiness in your day, creating other good things to follow. Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being a part of the Changes' Blog!